how much clearance infront of my pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennichuck

Hearth Supporter
Sep 4, 2008
central nh
the spot i need to install my stove has an enclosed chimney in front of if. any idea how much clearance is required in front of an englander pvdc-25?

pennichuck said:
the spot i need to install my stove has an enclosed chimney in front of if. any idea how much clearance is required in front of an englander pvdc-25?

If I read that correctly, if you have room to open the door and clesn it, that should be enough for safety. But don't take my word for it when all manuels are online at their website. Here is what I found for clearances. I have an Englander PVDC. Much info on their website and great tech support by phone.

http://englandsstoveworks.com/manuals/25-PDVC.pdf

FLOOR AND WALL PROTECTION
Floor Protection
If your floor is constructed of a non-combustible material such as brick or concrete, there is no need for floor protection. If the floor is constructed of a combustible material such as hardwood, linoleum, or carpet, then you will be required to use floor protection between the unit and the combustible. The protection should be U.L. approved or equal, and should be large enough to provide a minimum of one inch (1”) behind and four inches (4”) on both sides of the stove. The clearance in front of the stove should be at least six inches (6”). This freestanding pellet unit will need a minimum 31” x 32” floor protector.
Wall Protection
From the rear and the sides of this stove only six inches (6”) of clearance is required to paneling, wallpaper or drywall. The pellet vent pipe would require the standard three inches (3”) clearance, or as recommended by the manufacturer. Normally additional wall protection is not required with this type unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.