How Bad Did I Screw This One Up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Icemanxxxv

Oct 20, 2014
Smithville MO USA
I changed out my Harman P52I Accentra burn pot and ignitor the other day and when I did I pinched the ignitor wire between the burn pot and stove causing the fuse to blow. After getting a new gasket fixing the wires and reinstalling the burn pot I replaced the fuse and fires that muther up! All went well and the stove lit off and functioned well. After shutting down the stove and the fire was I went to shoot my trap league. I came back 4 hours later and the combustion fan was running and the burn pot was hot. I cycled the circuit breaker and the stove reset. So did I smoke the board or what when the fuse blew?

sounds like the ignitor relay might have been damaged by the short causing it to stick closed. If you're handy with electronics you could swap out that relay or just replace the board.

Hello
You may want to think about adding an AGC 4 amp inline fuse and fuse holder on one of the legs of the igniter. Sometimes when the igniter dies it shorts and can do similar damage to the circuit board. So an igniter fuse is a good investment. The fuse holder is available at Home Depot, the 4 amp AGC fuse may be a little harder to get but you can find one on the Internet for sure. :-)

Reactions: Washed-Up