High fan stays on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shawn breckwell

Nov 6, 2018
Adams county
after start up my pellet stove goes right to high fan and stays on. The stove does not shut down and runs fine and I can’t kick it down manually. I see other people had the pos switch go bad but their stove shut down. Would my circuit board be bad any help would be appreciated.

What make and model is your stove

Unfortunately I lost my Manuel but I have a breckwell insert in my fireplace and it’s approximately 10 yrs old. I just had to put a convection fan in and all was good works great. A couple days ago the high fan just stays on now.

Was the replacement fan an OEM fan or aftermarket. Some aftermarket fans are not capable of 2 speed running. In heat setting 1 & 2 the convection blower will run at low or high. On setting 3,4,5 it only runs on high. Now if you have run the stove and had it on high then shut it down, then started it again it will start on the last setting it ran at. Try unplugging the stove for 5min. Then plug back in ans start stove on heat setting 1 and see if the fan starts on low. Oh yeah there is 5 models of breckwell inserts lol but you can get the manual on the breckwell site in suppot

Reactions: FirepotPete
Ok thank you for your advice. I’m at work I will check on the blower I don’t thinks it’s after market it worked on # 1 on low the couple times I used it. I did take my board off though and there was an ark on the bottom corner where there is a fuse but the fuse is not blown. I did unplug it 2 different times and no change.