Hesitation between these two stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Between: birthstone Equinox and Regency F5100

• 8 inches flue pipe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equinoxes vs f5100

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

10-cc

Hearth Supporter
Nov 28, 2008
St-Bruno, Quebec, Canada
The F5100 3700$ can. The Equinox really great deal at 3500$.
Basement install
House 2700sf
Needs to heat fast as it is a weekend camp.
Now we have an old Summit 1998 and is not functioning well, the top shield on to of the buffle is wrapped.

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Henri

Attachments

• Hesitation between these two stoves
    15129416270551065762518.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 164
What size is your current chimney setup? Is it 8” cause both of those stoves you listed are 8” outlets.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

Right, I forgot to mention that currently the Summit is hooked via a 6" to 8" adapter into an inside the house Security 2100 ss 28' tall and 8" diameter.
Thanks for remind me.
Henri

The Hearthstone will not heat up fast. I’m not a fan..
I don’t know much about the regency.

The Regency everyday- that is the hybrid sec air tube and catalytic combustor system. That 5100 will easily get up and go, run for 15 hours of good heat and from the basement, much better choice against the soapstone stove. The equinox is a dreadnought weight-wise I know, its side loading and is very pretty, but it should be shown off upstairs in a formal place.

Finally I replaced that Summit (1989 v.A) with a Drolet HT2000. So far it been wonderful beginning of the season burning Hemlock only keep the Maple for later cold weather. Will see how it will behaves.
PS Air wash is aaamazing on that stove.
Henri