Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Munga

Feb 1, 2021
Northbridge Ma
I got a used quadrafire cb1200. The exhaust blower doesn’t run for the 18 minute shutdown but shuts off the same time as the auger causing a smoke out. What tells the exhaust to run for 18 minutes after shut down?

Sounds like a circuit board problem. Try unplugging it for a few minutes and try again. I had to have my circuit board rebuilt last year,.....different brand.

Reactions: Ssyko
How old is the stove? when you plug the stove in the exhaust blower should run for about 12 min then shut off. if the stove has been running and is shut down for cleaning (pull jumper from tstat or turn stat down) it should run until the #1 snap disc cools and shuts it off. it should not be connected to an auger operation at all.

Reactions: abaton6
How old is the stove? when you plug the stove in the exhaust blower should run for about 12 min then shut off. if the stove has been running and is shut down for cleaning (pull jumper from tstat or turn stat down) it should run until the #1 snap disc cools and shuts it off. it should not be connected to an auger operation at all.
It is over 20 YO. It got a good cleaning this last fall, but I did no remove the flue pipe

Combustion blower and chamber been cleaned and check the pipe. Ever check the lil compartment above the ash pan? They build up ash in there to

Reactions: abaton6