Help with identifying an old freestanding steel stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SlimTidy

Nov 12, 2014
Maryland
I bought this used and he had no idea what it was. It has a metal plate on the back but it’s been completely worn down so I can’t read it.

It has a mounting area for a small blower. I purchased one online but the holes don‘t quite line up which I read was common with these aftermarket blowers so I’m going try to fabricate a bracket to hold it so I don’t have to drill any holes through that plate steel.

Attachments

• 95DA516F-F4E2-4FA0-9D11-4CCD8706F10A.jpeg
    95DA516F-F4E2-4FA0-9D11-4CCD8706F10A.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 115
Don't know what it is, but it should not be choked down at the flue collar like that.

Here is a lightened version for ID.

95DA516F-F4E2-4FA0-9D11-4CCD8706F10A.jpeg

Reactions: SlimTidy
Don't know what it is, but it should not be choked down at the flue collar like that.

Here is a lightened version for ID.

View attachment 251292
Thanks for the help! I talked to a local technician and he said that it ideally shouldn’t be choked down at all but if it had to be done to do it at the flue collar because doing it at the ceiling box would likely push smoke into the room. This is a temporary setup (maybe a month). From the ceiling box through the roof it’s 6”ss triple wall.