Help! Stove identification?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

parker8990

Nov 14, 2019
Bloomington, IN
1573774950884912993901512730625.jpg
I need help identifying this stove please. Its a BRUNCO, my guess is late 90s maybe. Serial number plate is missing and I need to find a new fan for this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
One you figure which fan you need, you should be able to narrow down the model number and get a manual on the unit through a basic google search.
Check on those rear clearances. Not sure by the pic if your wall shield is spaced or not from the wall to allow for air travel to keep things cool behind the metal shielding.

It looks a bit like a Brunco Spitfire, but wider. Have you tried contacting Brunk's Fireplace in Salem, Ohio?
Check on those rear clearances. Not sure by the pic if your wall shield is spaced or not from the wall to allow for air travel to keep things cool behind the metal shielding.
Agreed. Doesn't look like a proper, ventilated wall shield. The hearth is also too short. It needs to have 16" in front of the stove door.

Last edited:
One you figure which fan you need, you should be able to narrow down the model number and get a manual on the unit through a basic google search.
Its spaced an inch off the wall using wall shield steel spacers. And the shield is 1/2" Backer board then corrugated and I'm just gonna trim it out with sone cedar

It looks a bit like a Brunco Spitfire, but wider. Have you tried contacting Brunk's Fireplace in Salem, Ohio?

Agreed. Doesn't look like a proper, ventilated wall shield. The hearth is also too short. It needs to have 16" in front of the stove door.
Wall shield is spaced. Yes the spacing in front is not adequate, but the hearth is 4 inches tall and I'm gonna lay an commercial grade rubber mat in front

Wall shield is spaced. Yes the spacing in front is not adequate, but the hearth is 4 inches tall and I'm gonna lay an commercial grade rubber mat in front
A rubber mat is not an adequate hearth. I also don't see the required 1" space at the bottom of the heat shield to allow air in. You need one at the top as well.

Because your ul tag is not legible you now have an unlisted stove. So make sure you have 36" to any combustibles not protected by a proper nfpa ventilated wall sheild

It needs to be raised one 1" and open at the top so that air can freely convect behind it.