Help me choose a Natural Gas fireplace....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 22, 2018
NJ
I posted a few years ago about a prefab fireplace that I'll have to completely remove. ( Prior thread ) I didn't know at the time that inserts NG fireplaces are not designed to go into prefab fireplaces, and my only option is to replace the prefab with a NG fireplace. Ok, no problem.

Here is the deal;

We don't need the fireplace to heat the house as some people use it for. It is mostly for ambience, with maybe a little bit of heat just to warm up the living room where the fireplace is. It has been suggested to avoid the huge expensive of putting in a fireplace, but instead just use gas logs.

Any thoughts on this? Or should I stick with the NG fireplace?

What is the manufacturer & model of your current wood burner? Some models DO allow the installation of a gas fireplace insert.

What is the manufacturer & model of your current wood burner? Some models DO allow the installation of a gas fireplace insert.