Help locating installer Harman PB 105-southern NH/seacoast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHTreehugger

Jan 30, 2014
Fremont NH
Hello,
Put a deposit down on a Harmon PB 105 boiler but now having trouble finding plumbing/heating installer. Dealer does not install but said installation costs to run in series with a propane boiler $1200-1500. Talked to one plumber over phone who gave estimate of $3500. That estimate makes me rethink the whole purchase if that will be the true costs. Anyone have any recommendations for installers and what costs generally run? Thanks.

Find another plumber,

reminds me of a backhoe job I was given a quote for once of $900.00 "BEING" his next months backhoe payment
AND not even looking at the job.(not including the set up fee of $135.00)

The estimate is not legitimate unless the plumber physically measures the entire
installation.

A lot of folks have used schedule 80 black iron and done it themselves too.

You really need a plumber to come to your home to give you a serious
estimate if you do not feel you can do it your self.

Would this Harman dealer happen to have a new crated SF360 they may want to part with?

There are too many variables. Three different plumbers will not be quoting the same job, they will be quoting three different quantities of work. With or without the flue connection, new stainless chimney ?, existing flue new SS liner? With or without the electrical controls and how big of a control package, with or without outdoor air rest ($1500+ just for that alone for a boiler that does not have OAT built in), with or without boiler return protection.

With or without indirect tank DHW?

The low price market suffers from low quality choices in labor and materials. The high quality market is actually a money saver over the life of the install (do you want a five year job, ten?, thirty?).

BTW, on the threads here there is a lot of discussion about the PB 105 and first time user problems. I would not consider it for purchase or install.

Last edited:
Reactions: sinnian
Status
Not open for further replies.