Help identifying this old Blaze King insert please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JohnWW

Jul 8, 2019
Hi. Can anyone help with identifying this insert? Approx. year and model? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Help identifying this old Blaze King insert please.
    IMG_2196.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 137
    IMG_2198.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 139
    IMG_2195.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 142
    IMG_2197.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 148
There should be a UL tag on back.

Insert tags are on the right hand side as you face the unit. It is either a KI or PI, pre EPA non catalytic model made before 1984.
Your signature does not indicate where you reside. Be aware that many states or communities have laws prohibiting the exchange of ownership and/or installation of a uncertified wood heater. Washington state being the strictest in the West. The penalty is $11,500 if caught.

Perhaps you live where it would not be an issue.

i
Insert tags are on the right hand side as you face the unit. It is either a KI or PI, pre EPA non catalytic model made before 1984.
Your signature does not indicate where you reside. Be aware that many states or communities have laws prohibiting the exchange of ownership and/or installation of a uncertified wood heater. Washington state being the strictest in the West. The penalty is $11,500 if caught.

Perhaps you live where it would not be an issue.
Thanks for information and warning, I'm in Missouri. Does anyone have links to where I might find a manual. Also, is the flue opening a standard size so I could find a converter to round? Would I be correct in assuming that 8" would be necessary in order to match the cross sectional area of the opening?