Hello! I would appreciate a comparison between Hearthstone Heritage vs Vermont Castings Encore

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joseo

Mar 4, 2021
Texas
I’m in the process of buying a wood burning stove and my research narrows down to these 2 models. Thanks for your inputs!

Welcome! I jave no experience with either stove, based on materials used, the heritage will take much longer to heat up than the encore

They are very different stoves in terms of construction. The Heritage has had a cat added in 2020, so the performance and operation is going to new. We don't have a lot of data to go on at this point. As a soapstone stove it is going to be a bit slower to heat up, but will continue to release heat stored in the stove after the fire has died down. The cast iron Encore will be more radiant and a bit quicker to heat up. It is more complex internally.