Heatnglo SL-950th-dsi won't ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Beach Dougie

Oct 28, 2023
Aurora, CO
I have an older Heatnglo SL-950TR-DSI gas fireplace. Pilot lights easily. When i turn on with wall switch it won;t fire up.

Questions
1) The is a loose black wire with flat conntector from TH (thermostat) screw. where does this connect? I traced and can't figure it out.

2)Could it be thermocouple issue?

Thanks for any advice

Bob: In advance thanks for your help

IMG_4874.jpeg IMG_4873.jpeg IMG_4872.jpeg

Try jumping the two terminals on the terminal block labeled TH & TH-TP with a small wire or a paper clip, after the pilot is lit.

Test. Let’s see if it fires up. If it does either the switch or the wiring may be bad. If it doesn’t, we’ll look elsewhere.

Looking at the area above the valve, there is a small rocker switch & a red igniter button. This is NOT a DSI model. Please post a pic of the pilot assembly.
Have you taken a reading on the thermopile output?

just tried it, Nada.
I always find these valve markings a bit confusing so just to confirm. When you jumpered the terminals as DAKSY suggested, you were touching the top and bottom terminals and not to the center terminal?
Also, I believe that your loose black wire connects to the on/off switch.

49er. yes i touched the outside terminals not the center. I agree the lose blacxk wire connects to the on off swithch. but i can't trace where it does. any advice