Heatilator CAB50 shutting down by night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaillantbenz

Oct 9, 2015
Quebec
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here but I read a lot of post here. I have a brand new Heatilator CAB50 just install 3 weeks ago and I have a little problem.

I've bought a Honeywell thermostat for my stove, everything work's fine but one thing is weird, I put thermostat to 20deg by night, and program it to go at 22deg at 4:30 in the morning. So when I Wake up, at 6:30, its supose to be around 22 upstairs (the stove is in the basement) but in the two last night, I Wake up and it was around 19deg, So I take a look to the thermostat and the "heat on" is active, so the thermostat calling for heat, but when I go downstaire, nothing work on the stove. The red light is on, telling me he want to heat, but no fan is working, nothing is working and the stove is cold.

Then I just hit the reset button, and everything start.

Everyone had an idea ? Call the dealer and told me it was maybe the termostat, but just want to know if someone having a similair problem ?

P.S = Sorry for the English, i'm french :p

Welcome,

It might help to provide the model number of the Honeywell thermostat. It may be the wrong type for your stove.

Thanks for reply

The thermostat is a low voltage Honeywell, HONEYWELL, RTH2410B1027/A, and it's even wright " for pellet stove use" in the back

Before you hit the reset button, are there pellets sitting in the burn pot? Are you pulling the cleaning rod everyday?

Status
Not open for further replies.