Heat and Glo Northstar Review - with pictures!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewman

Aug 10, 2015
Ohio
Just wanted to post a quick review. I installed this at my previous residence and loved it.

Pros: the design matched our home
the integrated fan put off a lot of heat
easy to clean

Cons: minor- a metal piece inside the firebox would fall down if I bumped it with a log. Dealer was no help. it shielded the ceramic blanket that sat atop the baffle. I would just pull it out till the fire died down and with time my technique was more delicate. If I lived there more than the two burning seasons I would have created a permanent solution.

Overall we were extremely pleased and would install the same thing again at that house based on function/design.
2500sq foot home built in 2000 cap cod. It heated the upstairs and main living area well - the main living area opens to the upstairs. The rest of the first floor was much cooler.
IMG_0690b.JPG IMG_0701.JPG PICT9987.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1478.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked the Northstar, except when I had to move it for installation puposes. Probably installed 10 - 12 of them.
great heater. Good looking. Secondaries are amazing when they kick in. We heated our store in Troy, NY, with one.
If I ever return to being a woodburner, that's probably the unit I'd install in my home.

Drew - thanks so much for your great review of the Heat and Glow Northstar! The pictures are always a bonus as well.

I've seen quite a few positive reviews from Hearth members which is super helpful for those researching zero clearance FP's. In fact, I don't recall seeing anything all that negative about the Northstar.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.