HearthStone Tribute cement board?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Burnhaven

Dec 30, 2014
Bellingham, WA
Our Hearthstone stove ( looks like a Tribute ) has been here since 2015, bought new. Cleaned once. When I look above the firebox, I see a "cement, heat-resistant board" lying up there which looks like it forces the smoke and heat to move across the top / interior of the firebox and then go up near the front door on up to the stove pipe. Just below where that "board" sits I see what looks like the remains of another board that was removed, not all that neatly. I guess I'm wondering what should be there and what I'd want to buy to put a new one in.

https://www.hearthstonestoves.com/e...ainted/Matte/Manufactured/TRIBUTE/p/8040-4161

Attachments

• HearthStone Tribute cement board?
    IMG_20190103_120227191.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 174
    IMG_20190103_120151525.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 201
The Shelburn uses 2 layers of board for the baffle. I didn’t think the tribute did though.

I took another look this morning I think what happened is when the guy cleaned the stove last year he found that the original baffle board was broken, removed what he could and slipped another spare piece up in there ...I may be better off the way it is because the stove is so small that when you order a cord of standard wood it's really tough to get it in there , especially if any of it is greater than 16 in ...
and I have no doubt I've been banging the logs up against the top area there so I may have broken the board and the chimney sweep just removed the pieces.... as it is I think the intention of forcing the heat and smoke to flow in a certain direction for optimum heating is still working and it has the advantage that if I bump that loose piece up there it's less likely to break..... I'll just need to check it now and then and make sure that loose piece is still covering the rectangular opening.

Attachments

IMG_20190104_065457451~2.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 132