Hearthstone stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bill S

Jan 21, 2019
Barre, VT
A bit of an update on the Hearthstone Castleton I. Been burning it last season and this. It's an incredible stove. Keeps heat all night on 3 logs (through VT nights!), catalytics are a cinch to get to in order to check or clean (a 10 minute operation), the door window stays clear to see the fire and with and without the catlytics engaged there is very little visible smoke (after warm up). Actually, with the catalytics engaged, no smoke - just a little heat. The quality is unsurpassed. You'd be making a mistake not to check out the Hearthstone line. https://www.hearthstonestoves.com/wood/wood-stoves/

A bit of an update on the Hearthstone Castleton I. Been burning it last season and this. It's an incredible stove. Keeps heat all night on 3 logs (through VT nights!), catalytics are a cinch to get to in order to check or clean (a 10 minute operation), the door window stays clear to see the fire and with and without the catlytics engaged there is very little visible smoke (after warm up). Actually, with the catalytics engaged, no smoke - just a little heat. The quality is unsurpassed. You'd be making a mistake not to check out the Hearthstone line. https://www.hearthstonestoves.com/wood/wood-stoves/
I'm looking at Hearthstone models, too, for a new construction in WV. Would you mind helping me figure this all out? Considering Hearthstone, Blaze King, Woodstock, and Lopi. I like the idea of all that soapstone, but if I wanted to cook on it with a power outage, could I? What all did you consider and what made you decide Hearthstone? My other decision is whether to put one in the finished basement and one on the main floor -- twice the price but would it be worth it? Thanks!!

I'm looking at Hearthstone models, too, for a new construction in WV. Would you mind helping me figure this all out? Considering Hearthstone, Blaze King, Woodstock, and Lopi. I like the idea of all that soapstone, but if I wanted to cook on it with a power outage, could I? What all did you consider and what made you decide Hearthstone? My other decision is whether to put one in the finished basement and one on the main floor -- twice the price but would it be worth it? Thanks!!
I've had the Hearthstone equinox for about 8 years. Cooking on it would be no problem. I would just put some kind of steel cover under the pot so you don't spill things on it. And then remove it and put it behind the stove when you're done. I could not be happier with the stove. It Heats very well and it keeps its heat for quite some time. But the biggest thing about this stove, we use it two and a half months a year and then the rest of the time it's a beautiful piece of furniture in our living room.

Reactions: Rich L
Cooking: The Progress has flip up stones and 3 heating stove top temp choices on a cast iron top. Hearthstones need some sort of metal cover as mentioned.

The Woodstock Progress Hybrid is probably a better one if wanting to cook on it if having a need for it cause the 3 top stones can be lift up to acces to the cooking surfaces, plus the stove has a HD cast iron heat exchanger under the cooking plate. Plus that heat exchanger keep more heat in the house than the other one .The access to the cat is a lot simpler and easier than on the other stoves, just have a look at the Woodstock videos...But nothing is perfect and one thing that scare me about the PH is the stove has no front door...

We bought this stove last year and love it. One of the challenges we have experienced is the catalyst gets blocked out and needs to be cleaned out. The past few times I just used my shop vac to clean them out. This time I pulled them all the way and then found I couldn't get them back in as the ceramic wool gaskets tore and I need replacements. I also cracked the front baffle and need a new one. Does anyone know where I can get parts for this stove online or do I need to go through a dealer for these parts? Thanks!

We bought this stove last year and love it. One of the challenges we have experienced is the catalyst gets blocked out and needs to be cleaned out. The past few times I just used my shop vac to clean them out. This time I pulled them all the way and then found I couldn't get them back in as the ceramic wool gaskets tore and I need replacements. I also cracked the front baffle and need a new one. Does anyone know where I can get parts for this stove online or do I need to go through a dealer for these parts? Thanks!
Probably best to talk about what happen to you with Woodstock Companyand . Woodstock seems to be very correct with the custommers and are the best ones to help you. .