Hearthstone Shelburne 8372 door removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JG06

Aug 21, 2024
USA
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone had some tips on how to remove the front door. I need to change my gaskets for the upcoming season and can’t seem to find any information. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

It's either as easy as opening the door fully and lifting the entire door up off the hinges, or you have to first removed the little decorative piece fastened directly above the door first. If it's the latter, the cast iron piece is just held on with 2 or 4 (I don't remember) Philips head screws.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, looks like the decorative piece has to be removed. Thanks again