Hearthstone Phoenix 8611 Secondary Air Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

froggybottom

Nov 15, 2014
TN USA
Hey everyone I am new to your wonderful site. I have just bought an older Hearthstone stove. It's a Phoenix 1 8611 from 1996. It has some parts missing and boy are they expensive. I was thinking of making my own from stainless pipe. I'm wondering if anyone here has a picture or better drawing of them. The drawings I have found on line and on their site are very crude. They are the Secondary Air Pipe, there is 3 of these, two are the same part number and I have the rear one. The rear one and the front one are the same so I can copy that one. It's the center one that I have no sample for and I'm hoping someone here may have a good picture or advice about making one. Also how critical are these parts, I mean do they have to be exact? Thanks in advance. Mike

You'll want to get it as close to the original as is reasonably possible. In particular try to match the number of holes, hole size and the angle at which they point. If no response try to find a dealer that has the stove on the showroom floor.

Thanks for this. The newer stoves are a little different in that area as I did go look at one at the dealer. The prices for these things are $200 each. I may have to buy the middle one if I can't get any info here. Thanks Mike

Ouch, that is expensive. You can probably make one yourself for a lot less. Note that the tubing might be metric. These stoves are created by Hergom, a Spanish company. Getting a decent template will be helpful.

For another quoate, you might also contact www.chimneysweeponline.com. They are Hearthstone dealers.

Thanks for the info, I will call them. Yes I would really like to make my own but I need a really good picture or template like you said. I did not know they were created by a Spanish company.

Hergom is the parent company.

Status
Not open for further replies.