Hearthstone Mansfield Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Man 511

Jan 4, 2015
Franklin NC.
Hello to everyone new to the site and to wood burning, being from S/W AZ. didn't need heat it was free. But i now live in the Western NC Mountains.
Anyway new owner of a Hearthstone Mansfield stove and would appreciate any ideas or advice you could give me.
Really like to know about how you do your overnight burn not sure i am doing it right and maybe i expect to much out of this stove.
I live in a house that was not built for a wood stove it is not open at all a lot of separate rooms and windows.
Anyway thank you all in advance for any help you can throw my way.
Ernie

Well, using 2 year old seasoned wood and a thru the roof class A chimney system and stove pipe connector totaling about 18' I got an overnight burn by:
Build a kindling fire
add a few small splits
Pack the stove full n/s (front to back)
Wait for the wood to catch and for the stove to feel nice and warm
Close the air all the way, then back open a hair
Good for 8-10 hours with a nice bed of coals left

That whole process from a dead cold (room temp) stove, may take an hour if I'm not rushing things.

Welcome to Hearth.com. The two keys to success with any wood burning stove are to have adequate draft and fully seasoned wood. Here's a primer on wood burning. It applies to the Mansfield as well, though your stove top temperatures will be a bit lower. I believe Hearthstone wants it kept to 600F or less.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/stove-operation.132843/

Status
Not open for further replies.