Hearthstone Mansfield Glass cracked. Ideas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dave2500

Feb 15, 2015
NJ
Hello,

I've somehow managed to crack the class on a hearthstone Mansfield. Any idea what may cause it to happen, nothing hit the glass and it made a loud pop sound. From what i can tell, if i run my finger across it, i do not feel a crack but obviously its there.
I seen that hearthstone has a lifetime warranty against thermal shock crack but what would this be classified as?
I am the original owner of the stove and its been fine for 15 years, so id find it weird it would just happen.
Any ideas at all or is trying to get a warranty useless on something like this?

Thank you

Hearthstone Mansfield Glass cracked. Ideas? Hearthstone Mansfield Glass cracked. Ideas? Hearthstone Mansfield Glass cracked. Ideas? Hearthstone Mansfield Glass cracked. Ideas? Hearthstone Mansfield Glass cracked. Ideas? Hearthstone Mansfield Glass cracked. Ideas?