Hearthstone II front door frame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kffisher92

Sep 14, 2023
Michigan
image.jpg
Hi all I am looking for some guidance about what to use on my stove's door frame.

Back story I had a bolt fail on the front door frame. I took this as a sign to replace them all and reseal the door and door frame. Once removing the frame I noticed the back of it between frame and stone is packed with a white and gold powder of sorts.

What is the correct material to use between the frame and stone? I have included a picture of the po Weser for reference.

It might be disintegrating stove cement. Hearthstone makes a special white stove cement

See if Hearthstone Tech Support can verify.

It might be disintegrating stove cement. Hearthstone makes a special white stove cement

See if Hearthstone Tech Support can verify.
Thank you for your reply

That was my initial thought. I ordered hearthstones cement and will see if there are in fact gold flakes in it.

I found a guide on reinstalling the door frame of another hearthstone stove and it mentioned cement between the frame and stone. I will follow up with tech support and see where that leads.