Hearthstone Heritage + Cat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rudysmallfry

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Milford, CT
I haven't been in the market for a wood stove in years, so I haven't been paying attention to new features. Is this new Hearthstone Heritage hybrid a cat stove now? Are the burn times for real? 25 hours sounds a bit extreme, so I'm wondering what the true numbers are. It was already a great stove. With the side door now opening down instead of regular, I wish I had the $$ to upgrade. I can't imagine that sucker is cheap.

Hey Rudy. The new Tru-Hybrids are tube and cat. Methinks 25 hrs is wishful thinking.

Oh I'm sure that figure is complete BS. That's why I want to hear from someone who has the stove, so I can see what the actual times are.

There's a whole new crop of stoves this year due to the next EPA phase. It may be a year or two or three before we hear about all the new ones in operation. And perhaps 5 yrs. before we know how they are standing up.

They claim “25 hour heat life” what ever that means. Friendly Fires up here in Ontario did a video with the GM60 and got 19 hours with coals to start the next fire, but they had that sucker packed full and didn’t say what wood they had used.

They claim “25 hour heat life” what ever that means. Friendly Fires up here in Ontario did a video with the GM60 and got 19 hours with coals to start the next fire, but they had that sucker packed full and didn’t say what wood they had used.
This has often been used as a marketing item for soapstone stoves. They do a decent job of providing even heat. The warmth buffered by the stone helped reduce the temperature swing in the room. By that measure, cast iron jacketed stoves could also claim good heat life.