Hearthstone Clydesdale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newenglandstove

Dec 16, 2022
Massachusetts
Hey guys - does the door look like it's not level? It came from the factory this way, the door was not reversed. I think I'm getting small metal shavings on the bottom right from the door rubbing the ash lip, could be ash, but not sure. To me it looks like it's higher on the left. Is this an easy fix that I can do?
Hearthstone Clydesdale

The door is reversed from stock and needs to be properly leveled. The dealer should fix this but if you prefer to do it, the instructions are on page 20 of the manual.

Ah really? The manual said hinges on the right, opening from the left is standard.
The manual I have shows the hinges on the left, so does their website. Is this a model 8492? The manual also shows how to level the door., no shims needed.

The manual I have shows the hinges on the left, so does their website. Is this a model 8492? The manual also shows how to level the door., no shims needed.
Yes, 8492. I see what you mean though. The photos show it the opposite... Maybe a typo? What page are you seeing the instructions to level? That would be huge if I can do it myself once this fire dies down

Hearthstone Clydesdale

The part of the hinge that mounts to the stove body is oval. (See fig. 18). By supporting the heavy door and then loosening the top and bottom hinges at the stove body it should be possible to get it more level. This could take several tries. Be patient.

The part of the hinge that mounts to the stove body is oval. (See fig. 18). By supporting the heavy door and then loosening the top and bottom hinges at the stove body it should be possible to get it more level. This could take several tries. Be patient.
Ah yes yes. I see what you're saying. Okay cool, I'll give that a go. I just don't want it scuffing the ash lip surface anymore than it has.... Hoping that doesn't cause rust issues down the line