Hearthstone Clydesdale Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hearthstone Clydesdale Install Hearthstone Clydesdale Install
couldnt be happier. Did the install myself.

Did a small burn other day and then let her rip today. Wasn't crazy cold here today but my furnace hasn't run all day...my downstairs is around 80 my entire upper level is 68.

Only issue I have is securing the top cap to chimney...can I tapcon into the terra-cotta liner???

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks nice! If memory serves me right mine top cap had screws that tightened up on the old liner. Not sure what yours has as far as fastening.

If the top plate is just the standard plate and cap that came with the kit, it gets sealed down to the clay with silicone.

Never tried it but I think tap cons into clay would just cause it to crumble or crack. Might be able to carefully pre-drill and gently fasten but I'd go with above recommendations first.

Well done. The Clydesdale is one very handsome insert.

View attachment 216524 View attachment 216525
couldnt be happier. Did the install myself.

Did a small burn other day and then let her rip today. Wasn't crazy cold here today but my furnace hasn't run all day...my downstairs is around 80 my entire upper level is 68.

Only issue I have is securing the top cap to chimney...can I tapcon into the terra-cotta liner???
Very nice! That's one beautiful insert...hope you have many years of warmth and enjoyment for your family!