Hearthstone Blower Wiring Help!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwohioclydesdale

Feb 9, 2014
Bowling Green, OH
Ok folks, I've done it again.
I finally got around to starting the rheostat on the Clydesdale.
Well, I'm not even 40 and I got side-tracked on the project by a few months.
I had undone ALL the wires because when I took it out, I noticed that the power cord was rubbed in 2 spots. I decided for my sanity to replace the power cord. While I normally take pictures of my projects ...this time I forgot. I'm turning to the board for help/sanity.
The Hearthstone pics in the manual are helpless. The U tube vid doesn't show much either.
Does anyone have a schematic or better diagram for the 2 blower set up?
Each Motor has 2 Black Wires with Male Terminals
Motor 1 has female terminals on each Black Wire. I assumed that Motor 2 "feeds" off of Motor 1.
I noticed that each wire is marked with a 0 and a 1 (polarity?) so therefore I am following that idea.
This leaves me with the 2 female terminals on Motor #1.
Was really hoping someone might have taken pics when they did theirs..or just has a GREAT memory..Thanks,

Ok folks, I've done it again.
I finally got around to starting the rheostat on the Clydesdale.
Well, I'm not even 40 and I got side-tracked on the project by a few months.
I had undone ALL the wires because when I took it out, I noticed that the power cord was rubbed in 2 spots. I decided for my sanity to replace the power cord. While I normally take pictures of my projects ...this time I forgot. I'm turning to the board for help/sanity.
The Hearthstone pics in the manual are helpless. The U tube vid doesn't show much either.
Does anyone have a schematic or better diagram for the 2 blower set up?
Each Motor has 2 Black Wires with Male Terminals
Motor 1 has female terminals on each Black Wire. I assumed that Motor 2 "feeds" off of Motor 1.
I noticed that each wire is marked with a 0 and a 1 (polarity?) so therefore I am following that idea.
This leaves me with the 2 female terminals on Motor #1..I'm not a master electrician..always followed black to black etc...not sure if both black wires are polarity or not on the motors?..just didn't want to "experiment"
Was really hoping someone might have taken pics when they did theirs..or just has a GREAT memory..Thanks,

could someone confirm for me that this would be correct?
I found this COLOR image!!! online and it seems to jog the memory

black from power cord to temp sensor
black from rheostat to temp sensor
white from power cord to blower motor female
white from rheostat to blower motor female
Hearthstone Blower Wiring Help!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.