Hearth trim adhesive

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

70gto

Jan 1, 2022
North carolina
So I'm wrapping up my hearth build. Hearth height is 6". I tiled the top. And have oak boards that I was going to use as a trim border to wrap around it. I don't want to use big screws to attach it and make it look tacky. So i was wanting to use finishing nails and something like liquid nail to make sure it is adhered good. I dont want it to separate or work loose do to wear or heat. Would liquid nail be ok with the heat or should I use another product like 5200, lexel etc.

So I'm wrapping up my hearth build. Hearth height is 6". I tiled the top. And have oak boards that I was going to use as a trim boarder to wrap around it. I don't want to use big screws to attach it and make it look tacky. So i was wanting to use finishing nails and something like liquid nail to make sure it is adhered good. I dont want it to separate or work loose do to wear or heat. Would liquid nail be ok with the heat or should I use another product like 5200, lexel ect
It isn't going to see much of any heat. If it did the wood couldn't be there

I was thinking more on the lines of radiant heat from the stove
Again if the heat from the stove will be an issue for the adhesive it will absolutely be an issue for the wood as well. As long as you have met the hearth size and insulation requirements it will be fine

Liquid Nail adhesive is extremely flammable. We squeeze a couple dabs on scrap lumber in a burn barrel on the jobsite during the winter.

Liquid Nail adhesive is extremely flammable. We squeeze a couple dabs on scrap lumber in a burn barrel on the jobsite during the winter.
Yes when it's off gassing. Not that bad after it sets