Hearth look over

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fluke216

Dec 11, 2020
pa
I’m just trying to make sure everything looks good before I run thin brick the rest of the way up the wall. I have installed an insulated chimney liner and insulated flue. Laid floor of hearth and partial wall which is on Hardie backer. The wood stove well be kept away from wall per manufacture instructions. I want to have it inspected then for insurance. Just wanted to see if this looks good or if there’s anything that looks incorrect. I’m going to attach some photos and insight would be much appreciated.

Hearth  look over Hearth  look over Hearth  look over Hearth  look over

It looks ok from what I can see

Is there a certain amount that insulated thimble has to protrude from the wall? I though I read that somewhere but couldn’t find it.

Is there a certain amount that insulated thimble has to protrude from the wall? I though I read that somewhere but couldn’t find it.
I am pretty sure it is 2" but I would have to check. Yours looks like 3 or 4 looks good

I should be good then I just had concern about having an inspection and something being wrong after this wall is done. I appreciate the response.

I should be good then I just had concern about having an inspection and something being wrong after this wall is done. I appreciate the response.
That is why they give you the trim piece so you can get at it if you ever have to. But I can all but guarantee you will know more than the inspector about it

Looks nice, just for some "insurance" take pictures with a measuring tape in the background for reference, that way if there's any questions the measuring tape cant lie.

That is why they give you the trim piece so you can get at it if you ever have to. But I can all but guarantee you will know more than the inspector about it

yea I had posted something about that but didn’t get a response I think I added it on another post anyway. The paperwork with the thimble-says Something about inspecting it and the flue. Doesn’t really say either way weather it needs to be accessible behind that trim plate or what. I was originally thinking of filling up to it and if it looked gold not using the tromp plate but yeah what’s the normal procedure. Thanks

Looks nice, just for some "insurance" take pictures with a measuring tape in the background for reference, that way if there's any questions the measuring tape cant lie.
Yea I did that thanks also.

Oh you built the hearth yourself? Yes. Does it meet the requirements? Yes. Ok.

How my inspection went.
That's basically how my inspection went too. "Did you put in a ... slinky?" (He meant liner). "Yes." "Ok."