Harvest 6100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johns

Dec 30, 2013
wisconsin
I recently bought an American Harvest 6100. The stove is five years old but was never used. does anybody have there stove hooked into there duct work as a secondary stove . I am having a problem with getting enough air out of my duct work to heat my house. When the stove is not hooked into the duct work it makes plenty of heat.

Welcome. It could be the way it is connected to the ductwork. Does it have a convection blower running? Do you have the manual for the stove?

PS: Is this a pellet furnace?

Yes it is a pellet furnace and I do have the manual . I hooked it up like it says . I can get both fans to come on but just not enough air coming out of the vents .

Sounds like the stove blower may be too small for the duct capacity. How many sq ft are you trying to heat?

Sounds like it should work, where is the stove tying in to the house ductwork? Do you have a back draft damper in place?

Can you be more specific? Is this tapping into the supply duct or return? Should be the supply duct. If yes, has it tapered down to a small duct, much smaller than when it leaves the furnace? Pictures may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.