Harmon xxv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jdwill

Dec 20, 2020
Missouri
I posted this before but not sure it went thru. Stove bought new 1.5 years ago. One year in stove started reading 6-7 degrees hotter than room temp reading. Would not shut down, had to let it run out of pellets. Certified repair guys replaced every thing. Mother board..twice...piping, temp probe, no telling what else. I found on this forum to clean temp probe in exhaust pipe. Seemed to fix it. Now is reading way off on temp again, seems to shutting down eventually but not like it should. I clean probe every 2-3 weeks. Room sensor probe is currently taped to stove cord, repair guys idea. I'm really starting to hate this stove...help

I tape it from the cord, curl it up and let it hang a few inches from where it plugs in the back, it might help

I tape it from the cord, curl it up and let it hang a few inches from where it plugs in the back, it might help
So..does the room temp display on the stove come from the senser? If it thinks the room is 75 and I have set temp to 69, shouldn't it signal stove to shut down?