Harmon PC45 pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chris13

Nov 7, 2018
Indiana
Hello i am new to this forum and need help. I have a Harmon PC45 and had a power outage and now my pellet stove auger runs constantly. Harmon service man wants a $100 to diagnose. No lights are flahing. Everything else runs fine. I am unsure if i should get a new circuit board or auger motor

Triac on circuit board is probably shorted internally. Replacing that or complete board should fix issue. This assumes no one was tampering with wiring.

Thank you so much for your help i will order the circuit board tomorrow and see if that works. no one has touched anything, that is just how it was fired up after the power came back on

Unplug stove.Let unplugged for 30 minutes.If you cannot let it unplugged that long,take a piece of metal,go across the two large prongs on the plug,this will dump all the memory on the circuit board.Then plug back in,and try a restart.

Thank you for your help. I have unplugged it and restarted it and it did not work. Everything else runs perfect and everything works in test mode. I have ordered a new circuit board and it should be here by Friday and hopefully it fixes the issue. Thank you again for the advice

Thank you jzm2cc for your advice bought circuit board, put installed it and now my pellet stove is working correctly again. Thank you so much you saved me $100

Time for a good surge protector or ups with surge protection...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mt Bob