Harmon P61C or Allure50

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

mmckee83

Sep 24, 2012
So we are looking at pellet stoves and have it narrowed down to a P61C and Allure50. I like the new controls on the Allure but the extra heat output of the P61C. It will be a corner install so I am a little concerned that the side heat discharge on the Allure may be more of a waste as it will be blowing more or less into the wall. We have a 1200sf open floor plan on the first floor where the stove will be. Hoping some heat will make its way upstairs but no expecting it to be the main heat source for up there (we are in upstate NY and our house is a 4 year old modular). My parents have an P61A so any thoughts or experience with the Allure would be greatly appreciated. Just to note the BTU difference is 11,000 which seems pretty significant.

I have no opinion on either stove! But I suggest
You should buy the stove with the bigger BTU rating.
Reason It is easier to get more heat from a bigger
stove than to get more heat from a maxed-out
stove on a really cold day in January
It's just my Nickles worth.
They are both top-of-the-line units.

Reactions: ARC and Washed-Up
So we are looking at pellet stoves and have it narrowed down to a P61C and Allure50. I like the new controls on the Allure but the extra heat output of the P61C. It will be a corner install so I am a little concerned that the side heat discharge on the Allure may be more of a waste as it will be blowing more or less into the wall. We have a 1200sf open floor plan on the first floor where the stove will be. Hoping some heat will make its way upstairs but no expecting it to be the main heat source for up there (we are in upstate NY and our house is a 4 year old modular). My parents have an P61A so any thoughts or experience with the Allure would be greatly appreciated. Just to note the BTU difference is 11,000 which seems pretty significant.
we have had the P61A 10 yrs now.. corner install..same stove as the C but i forgot the one difference. [ C has a touch control screen which is one extra thing you dont need to go wrong]
we heat 24/7, 1800 sq 2 story house as the heat eventually climbs the steps to 2nd floor bedrooms.
have never run it full throttle ....it is a powerhouse performer//

[Hearth.com] Harmon P61C or Allure50

Last edited:
If you're worried the P61 won't heat it, put a P68 in.