Harmon p35i programable thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

prh7270

Dec 16, 2018
manheim, pa
I have seen some posts on this subject, but would just like to confirm some things. I want to be able to shut down my p35i around 10 at night, and then have it go on about 5 in the morning. It sounds simple enough to do this with a programable thermostat, by just cutting into the harmon external thermostat. This will put it into 4 blink mode, when the circuit is open, and regular mode when the circuit is closed. I want the stove to control everything just have the extra thermostat stop and start the stove. Just some reassurance from others that have done this, that it will not screw up my stove. It sounds innocent enough, just don't want to break anything. I love the stove, but would like it to be warm in the house when I get up in the morning. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks.

No need to cut into probe wire, just unplug one end and hook to thermostat wire (recommend using a crimp on blade connector). Other thermostat wire goes into unplugged stove connector with crimp on female connector.

I usually set stove temp setting 5-10 degrees above millivolt thermostat setting using room mode. When thermostat calls for heat, blinking error goes away, store fires up and runs normal. When temp is reached, stove will shut down.