Harmon Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tammybrian2

Oct 16, 2018
Michigan
I have an Accentra from 2008, stove worked during last years season, this year when I turn the dial to Stove Temp all the status lights come on, Power and Status, the distribution, combustion, feed, igniter lights; but nothing actually turns on. the combustion and distribution blowers don't come on, the auger does not run and I guess technically I don't know if the igniter is on or not since I didn't touch the burn pot. if I turn the feed adjuster to TEST, the distribution blower comes on. I could not tell if the combustion blower comes on or not. but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas with the limited information? we don't start the stove using the room temp mode since the thermostat wires are not connected, which is another story.
thanks -- Brian

Probably needs pulled out and cleaned. It has not run yet this season? If so the ash will fall down the chimney and clog the comb. fan. Start there

You should hear something when the combustion blower is on. It shouldn’t be noisy but there should be a slight motor sound. , if it hasn’t been cleaned in a bit that’s probably a good place to start..although if all of the status indicators are turning on at the same time that’s kind of odd. Usually distribution Doesn’t kick until the stove is up to temperature. How about the status light, is it blinking at all?

gave it a thorough cleaning, same thing still happening, all the lights come on, showing power to all the components, but no fans blowing. no status light blinking on stove temp mode. if I turn to room temp mode, I do get 4 blinks from the status light, but thats only because we dont have the thermostat wire connected.

Did your thorough cleaning involve pulling stove out and checking combustion fan area for a clog?

yes, pulled it out and cleaned it from top to bottom. same thing still happening, all the power lights on, no combustion fan and it looks like the auger is not working either. the stove is about 11 years old, so i'm leaning towards replacing both items. the combustion fan and auger motor.

TammyBrian2 most likely the combustion fan isn't turning or turning too slowly. If there is power to it it probably is bad. The auger motor is most likely good as the combustion fan has to develop enough airflow to trigger the vacuum switch. If the doesn't trigger the auger will not run. Take combustion fan out of the stove and check it by putting 120 volt power to it. If it doesn't turn or turns slowly it's bad and needs to be replaced. Be careful when applying voltage to the fan. You don't want to light yourself up.
Ron