Harman xxv won't start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mereci

Nov 23, 2015
Cecil Co. MD
New to this forum. I have a Harmon XXV pellet stove that won't start this season. This stove was cleaned last season but burned about half a bag until I closed it down. Went to start it this week and only got the red lights to fire up. No blower/auger or pellet down heard. wanted to start here before continuing on to repair guy. Looks like this site has a lot of expert advice which I would like on this issue. Thanks in advance for any help. I must say that I'm not really a complicated DIY guy, but I'm able to fix simpler to moderate things. I do have tools and with good instructions I feel I would be able to fix problem. Thanks

Have you tried the test mode? That goes through all the motors and runs them. If the combustion-exhaust fan does not run the rest of the start cycle is a no go. We can start there.
How old of stove? That can help us figure out any possible age related wear issues.
Welcome

Let me ask this, was the stove left plugged in all summer ? If so try unplugging it for maybe 30 seconds, plug it back in. What do you get ? I ask that because because I had to do that on my P61 once after a period of time it had been left sitting off but not unplugged. Who know for what reason, could have been a surge in the protector along the way or what ever. But it got the stove going and last I knew it ran ever since (haven't fired it up this year).

Edit: twodogs02 brought to light that I too had a surge protector go out on me last season. In my case it died all together after a couple of brown outs and intermittent outages. We had a tough winter around here, actually two in row with really high winds etc... But indeed the experience I mentioned above may have been the pre-curser to that total failure.

Last edited:
Bioburner has it right, put it in test mode. If that doesn't work then check your outlet / surge protector for proper voltage. My surge protector went south last year and would give funky voltage readings at times which caused the stove to shut down.

Start with the easy stuff first.

Reactions: alternativeheat
Bioburner knows harmans well he got me going a couple times!! hes a blessing too this site but we have many here with lots knowledge i wish you luck on getting your stove going good!! what was said here already be where i would start. Good Luck!

Interested in knowing the outcome.

Probably turned on the gas furnace and put a table cloth over the stove:(

Status
Not open for further replies.