Harman XXV Loud Noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Canonsburg

Dec 10, 2021
Canonsburg,Pa
When starting up and shutting down stove emits a very loud screeching sound for first fifteen minutes. Sound like it may be coming from the blower. Any thoughts?

Which blower , the room convection blower or the exhaust combustion blower ? How old of a stove is it ??

My XXV was recently making a droning noise. I decided to oil the combustion fan bearing. When I took off the screws on the housing
I noticed they were VERY loose. There was no oil pad like I was expecting just plastic bushings. So I oiled them and put it back together and that fixed the droning noise.
On yours I would also inspect the fins on the squirrel cages for scratches. Could be screws dragging when it rotates.