Harman xxv how to turn on exhaust fan only?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassmantweed

Nov 22, 2013
Avon, CT
I thought I saw the thread for about a way to turn on only the exhaust fan while cleaning the Harmon. Typically I just use my vacuum cleaner but it would be a whole lot easier to have the fan running to vent all of the dust while cleaning the stove can someone please help

Leave the front door open so it will not feed pellets and turn the feed rate knob to test. The distribution blower will cycle off and on but the combustion blower will always stay on.

Leave the front door open so it will not feed pellets and turn the feed rate knob to test. The distribution blower will cycle off and on but the combustion blower will always stay on.

Thanks!

And that won't blow ash into the room?

No. I do it all the time. You open the door to scrape when burning. It keeps the dust going out the exhaust and not your room.

turn the pot up distribution fan and put the switch to manual and when the stove door is open it prevents the auger from turning and the combustion blower works. Only in this way the combustion blower will work

Status
Not open for further replies.