Harman xxv distribution blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

terryg

Nov 5, 2017
Massachusetts
Good Morning,
Looking for help with my Harman xxv. Stove is about 8 years old. Need to replace distribution blower. I have removed 4 5/16 hex screws on left side underneath stove. Blower and grate still seem secured. Not sure what I need to do in order to remove blower and replace. Any help appreciated,
Terryg

Here's an Accentra Distribution Blower removal. Maybe it'll help...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good Morning,
Looking for help with my Harman xxv. Stove is about 8 years old. Need to replace distribution blower. I have removed 4 5/16 hex screws on left side underneath stove. Blower and grate still seem secured. Not sure what I need to do in order to remove blower and replace. Any help appreciated,
Terryg
I also have a XXV and had trouble removing it when trying to clean my stove. I didn't remove it (just use canned air to blow the fan off) but someone here suggested using a putty knife. The thin metal can be slid between the blower and stove then turn a bit to move it off. If this works please update so we know if worked.

There are two screws on the left and two on the right underside of stove. Loosen the two on the right so you have decent play - the fan housing has slotted flanges that slide onto these. Then remove the matching screws on the left. The left side will drop down, and then you slide it off the right-side screws. Unclipping the wiring harness in advance may help from getting things hung up. Some of the screws on the left are actually for mounting the fan unit to the housing, which is why it isn't loosening up for you.