Harman xxv combustion fan always on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lakeplacid1

Oct 4, 2014
ny
I bought a new house last spring and wanted to test out the stove today before winter. It seems to work fine but the combustion fan is always on and is pretty noisy. Is there any way I can get this fan to turn off. I am new to pellet stoves so maybe it is normal but it is pretty loud.

There are several things that can cause the combustion fan to stay on. The stove does starts up and feeds pellets and lights correctly but after shutting down for over an hour the combustion fan still is running?

No....the fan runs the whole time the stove is on. I just stopped by stove store and he told me that is normal... I did not know that because it was my first time using it. I guess I will get used to it but it is rather loud. Would you confirm that the fan runs the whole time the sove is working?

My post evaporated, but yes it has to run all the time to burn the pellets and push out the exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.