harman will not shut down with thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

novakm

Hearth Supporter
Mar 15, 2008
western ma
I hooked up my accentra insert with a thermostat according to the instructions. When the thermostat goes on low, I get a 4 blink error and the blower motor shuts off, but the auger never stops feeding pellets. Two hours later, the stove is very hot, flames still burning. I'm not getting any heat for the pellets I'm burning because the blower is off. If I leave it overnight like this I use 1/2 bag of pellets.

I already checked the auto/manual switch. Even if I cycle the power off it keeps going when i put the power back on.

I have had some problems in the past where it would take a long time to shut down when turning the dial on the stove to off. I do this when I need to give it a good cleaning, but it takes hours before the auger stops feeding pellets.

I did an experiment this evening. It would not stop feeding pellets 2 hours after the 4 blink started, and it was getting very hot. I switched it to stove temp mode with the blower on high and the stove temp on lowest setting for about 15 min. (to cool it off). Then it shut down properly when I switched it back to room temp.

I read somewhere that these stoves have an extended shut down period so it cools gradually. Problem is, 5 blink stops the blower motor, so the stove get HOTTER, and never stops feeding pellets.

What can I do? I would really like to shut it down at night, and have it come on a couple hours before I get up so I don't get up to freezing cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.