Harman P68 Wont Start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachRed74

Dec 2, 2015
Central PA
Hello, I have a Harman P68 pellet stove that is 5 years old...Has been cleaned regularly and have never had an issue before...

This past Saturday I left the house and it was running fine and when I returned a few hours later it wasn't running and no lights were on...After removing the access panels I found that the fuse on the board was blown...Of course I didn't have the correct size...On Sunday I decided to clean the stove since it was cooled down and I checked the combustion fan blade while cleaning and it moved free...I was able to find the correct fuse on Monday...Replaced the fuse and now I have the power light, status light and the combustion light comes on but the combustion motor does not run...Now could the motor be bad or could it be the control board?...Thanks for the help

Todd

One can make a power cord for the exhaust fan and power it directly from outlet. Better if you can plug into a surge strip with breaker and switch.
When was the last time you got behind the stove and blew out and evicted dust bunnies? Heat is the killer for the small motors and if the vents for them are plugged it toasts the windings:(
Good luck and Welcome to the site
New motor from Amazon as of this AM is 99.99

Status
Not open for further replies.