Harman P68 install, rear clearance for servicing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gvmelbrty

Apr 15, 2013
NM
The P68 install manual says 2 inches minimum rear clearance to a wall BUT also says: "Note that the clearances shown are minimum for safety but do not leave much room for access when cleaning or servicing. Please take this into account when placing the stove."

How many inches from the back wall will leave enough room for comfortable cleaning/servicing?

I'll be installing the exhaust straight back through the wall w/ an OAK.

Thxs.

The P68 install manual says 2 inches minimum rear clearance to a wall BUT also says: "Note that the clearances shown are minimum for safety but do not leave much room for access when cleaning or servicing. Please take this into account when placing the stove."

How many inches from the back wall will leave enough room for comfortable cleaning/servicing?

I'll be installing the exhaust straight back through the wall w/ an OAK.

Thxs.

I've got both of mine 10" from the wall. The P43 is straight out & then up. The P61A is up & then out.
I can't exactly fit behind them, but if I lie on my side I can get to everything that I need to...

ESP. Fines Box. Clean out tee if you have one. If the rear shroud hasta come off, you've gotta be able to get a driver on the 5/16" screw heads...

Auger removal if some kids drop in some toys.

Ok, thxs for the info.

That's a little farther out than my wife was wanting the stove to sit. Would you say 10" is the minimum for comfortable access?

I would, just looked at motor removal for another thread. No reason if you had to , to pull the stove ahead for a repair but remember the thimble seal if you use silicone. I use high temp foil duct tape. Can save a boat load of trouble if one can pull out abit and rotate.

I have my Harman at 12" from wall. 10" would be OK.. Makes it easier to clean fines box and the service man thanked me for the making it easy to replace the auger motor when under warranty..

ESP. Fines Box. Clean out tee if you have one. If the rear shroud hasta come off, you've gotta be able to get a driver on the 5/16" screw heads...

Where is this fines box your mentioning?

From control side above the convection fan. Harman P68 install, rear clearance for servicing? No fan in this pic.

Reactions: rayttt
Thanks...next shut down ive got to go and look..
Its been 4 years since I got that stove ...think its full? ;)

That's a loaded ?

I have my Harman at 12" from wall. 10" would be OK.. Makes it easier to clean fines box and the service man thanked me for the making it easy to replace the auger motor when under warranty..

Just to be sure.. that's 10-12" from the back of the pellet hopper, correct? Not from the back of the pedestal/exhaust port?

Status
Not open for further replies.