Harman P68 doesn't appear to be heating up very well

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Corydel2747

Aug 27, 2016
Hollidaysburg, PA
Hi everyone I'm not sure if it's just me or not but my Harman P68 just doesn't seem to warm the house like I remember last year. I have it set up in my basement and leave the basement door open to the upstairs and it would typically roast the first floor and basement. Everything seems to be working it just doesn't seem to be getting as hot. I have it set at temp mode 80 degrees and you used to feel a heat wave when you walked into the basement. It's been cleaned thoroughly as well as the esp probe and vent pipe. Only thing I really noticed is the distribution blower doesn't seem to push as much air as I remember but I can't confirm it. It's been since last year so I don't quite recall but is there a large difference in air blowing from low to high setting on the distribution blower. When I go from low to high yes it pushes more air but is just slightly more than low. If I recall on hight the fan was a little loud before but it's not loud at all. Maybe I am just losing my mind and everything is working fine. Thanks!

Sounds like your fan motor or the hi to low knob is going out. Put stove in stove temp and see if that side jacks fan up. Also when stove is off turn feed knob to test mode that puts fan on hi. Also did you pull bottom shields and inspect the squirrel cage fan blade on the fan motor? They can clog up with pet hair ect. I have seen some that were completely packed!

Sure have I clean them religiously. Sorry for the late update but I put on a new room sensing probe and put it up waist high mounted to the wall. It was mounted high about 6 feet up. Anyways appears to be heating much better