Harman p68 air flow light blinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 24, 2012
Rhode Island
My stove has been intermitently giving this signal almost since we had it professionally installed. It will produce a strong flame for a while then will shrink when the status light starts double blinking.
Ideas ?

"Status light error messages: 2 Blinks: Indicates an open feed circuit, typically from pressure switch or hopper switch. Blink status automatically clears when feed circuit is complete. Does not blink if door/ hopper is opened when stove is off."

Have you checked either of these switches?

according to the Harman trouble shooting guide, 2 blinks is airflow
Both the low pressure switch and hopper open greatly influence airflow so I'd say Daksy and Harman are on the same page just worded differently. I assume you have the hopper lid closed as well as the ash door and main door? Air leakage from the last two will cause the low pressure switch to remain open.

Hugh

Check the air flapper on the air intake, make sure it’s moving

Reactions: SciGuy
If you have an OAK, it's where that is attached to the stove.
It's located under the left rear shroud, as you look at the stove from the front.
A 5/16 " socket, wrench or nut drive will work for removal.
The location is indicated in the top pic.

Harman p68 air flow light blinking

This is a couple photos of the one I picked up last summer, ignore the blue coupler, the flapper is inside.

Attachments

• Harman p68 air flow light blinking
    A463F376-3216-4628-A716-D109412CD04C.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Harman p68 air flow light blinking
    AB886CEC-82BE-49D4-A0BE-6144661CA6E2.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 142
So glad you figured that out....running out of possibilities