Harman P61 Fan Direction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Napali

Jan 8, 2021
Vermont
Just installed a new exhaust fan on my Harman P61 (and cleaned out the distribution fan since everything was open). As the wire colors don't match up with the stove, I am trying to determine the correct way to connect. Ignoring the ground, the wiring connecting the remaining two wires will just determine which way the fan spins. And that is my question. When facing the fan from the ash chamber, should the fan be spinning clockwise or counterclockwise? I don't feel much of a breeze either way so want to make sure I'm correct before turning the stove back on. Thanks in advance.

It’s not a 3 phase, which ever way will work as long as you have the ground on properly

Does not matter. As long as ground goes to ground

Last edited:
Reactions: Washed-Up
Thanks for the confirmation. That explains why I feel no change in air flow when swapping wires. Time to fire it back up!