Harman p43 settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D-mac02

Dec 21, 2013
New York
hey guys I'm just wondering on everyone's settings. I have been burning fsu's for a while. Had all kinds of problems with clinkers and carbon build up. I use room temp with auto. My feed rate is about 4- 4 1/2 temp about 67 and fan about 1/4. I have been messing with the low voltage switch and that's maybe 1/4 from the lowest it can go. Is a feed rate of 4-5 to much? I heard if you run it in room temp the feed rate doesn't matter because the stove regulates it.

I've never run mine higher than 3.5. Burned hardwoods & softwoods (both Cleanfires) & the settings stay the same...

Yes in room mode the stove regulates and takes what it needs to maintain the set room mode temp. Everyone seems to run between 3 and 4. That's where I am too. Pretty sure feed rate is really only relevant in stove mode or constant burn. Read the sticky and there are oodles of threads on this.

It is up to you to figure out what works best for you but why reinvent the wheel? Many here have already figured it out for us newer guys. I set my temp to room mode and run the igniter on manual. That way it doesn't shut completely down and ramps up quicker when heat is needed. I like to keep it burning.

Reactions: F4jock
I think that no matter what this time of year it will atleast have a few embers to light it up again. Maybe I should put it on manual.

Mine is blazing away tonight. I have in set Room temp at 75*, manual ignite, fan high, feed rate 4. She'll be eating some pellets tonight. Low of -3 to -5 before wind chill and right now it's + 5* F. The witches nipplodean channel is tuned in. LOL! I just like manual because it never shuts down and always has at least a small flame. Small flames are not in the forecast tonight. You can bet on that. Did a clean this afternoon and the 68 is kicking out the heat well. Stay warm!

As for the igniter auto I don't think the igniter cycles unless it is needed so if there's a fire it will stay off anyway.

hey guys I'm just wondering on everyone's settings. I have been burning fsu's for a while. Had all kinds of problems with clinkers and carbon build up. I use room temp with auto. My feed rate is about 4- 4 1/2 temp about 67 and fan about 1/4. I have been messing with the low voltage switch and that's maybe 1/4 from the lowest it can go. Is a feed rate of 4-5 to much? I heard if you run it in room temp the feed rate doesn't matter because the stove regulates it.
It's probably the pellets. Your settings practically mirror mine and Bags' posts are 100% correct.

Everyone is talking about American wood fibers ultra white pines this year. I guess there is a place kinda near me that has them so I might go pick up a couple ton on Saturday.

Everyone is talking about American wood fibers ultra white pines this year. I guess there is a place kinda near me that has them so I might go pick up a couple ton on Saturday.
Umm. . . . you may wanna test 'em first. . . . .

Umm. . . . you may wanna test 'em first. . . . .
X 2 with F4. I wouldn't want to get stuck with two months worth of crappy pellets. I've seen it here a lot where people regret it. Testing a bag or two first is cheap insurance. How far away is the place that sells them? Swing by tomorrow after work it it's close.

Like 45 min
Yeah that kinda sucks and I can see where the gamble comes into play. Look for reviews here and use you best judgment. I did that with my Somersets and went big on my first order of 7 tons. But I saw everyone here raving about them so that helped and it was all good.

Quick off topic. I see your handle and truck in your avatar. Is it a duramax? I have an '09 crew cab long bed. It's a bus. Great truck! I have mine lifted 2" and have some real shoes on it. Not the spare tire donuts it came with.

I wish it was a duramax. It's an 09 3500hd with a 6.0L. 6" pro comp lift, fox shocks with 18" bmf novikane death metals wrapped in 35x12.5 cooper stt's. I want a 4 door bad now. I got it when I was single/ new in a relationship. Bought it brand new and it's got like 29k miles on it. Just got married so I want a 4 door truck or a nice suv that can handle towing my 88 baja sport 226 boat.

I thought of the 6.0 when I bought mine. Good motor and with diesel being more now it is almost a wash. I do like the way diesels pull though and have always had them. That's why I bought the crew cab. Three rug rats! It's like a living room and a couch for them back there.

Yeah I want a diesel but they are so damn expensive. Went to the dealer to trade it in possibly on a 1500 and they said they would give me 22 grand. I was like umm that's a little low. But the diesels with even a 100k on them are still 20-25k its retarded.

The diesels do hold resale well. I used to drive the Ford 7.3's. Ford messed up dropping the 7.3 Power Stokes. I ran away from them as soon as the 6.0's came out. I have an '01 Dodge 24V HO 6 spd Cummins quad cab too. Good truck with typical dodge issues. Bought it new and still have it. They still bring big money for a 14 year old truck. Only have 90K on that one and about 50K on the Chevy. The slave cylinder just went on the Dodge. Little junky plastic junk on an HD truck. Typical.

Reactions: D-mac02
I wish it was a duramax. It's an 09 3500hd with a 6.0L. 6" pro comp lift, fox shocks with 18" bmf novikane death metals wrapped in 35x12.5 cooper stt's. I want a 4 door bad now. I got it when I was single/ new in a relationship. Bought it brand new and it's got like 29k miles on it. Just got married so I want a 4 door truck or a nice suv that can handle towing my 88 baja sport 226 boat.
Enjoy it. I see a minivan in your future.....;lol

Reactions: bags and D-mac02
Im going to the Tsc in Lake Katrine tonight provided I don't get stuck at work. I'll get the lowdown. It's 5 minutes from my house

Thanks man. I am looking to see if they have the ultra white pines and possibly getting 2 ton. I might go down tomorrow before I go to hockey tomorrow night. I play in saugerties so it's not that far.

My P43 is set at:
Room temp auto
74°
Fan close to high
Feed rate @ 4
74° inside, -3° outside

Status
Not open for further replies.