Harman P43 not maintaining temp.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thepaulmc

Jan 2, 2012
Pocono Mountains, PA
My P43 is burning hot, room temp is 72 stove is set at 65. It was working fine now this is happening, stove is only a couple of months old and not even a ton burnt in it yet. I am burning Turmans pellets..

Any ideas?

It's hanging where the stove installer put it.. Coiled behind the stove on the rear side.. It was holding temp exactly what it was set for 70 at the probe and 70 in middle of room.

Try running it in stove temp for a day or two and see if holds temperature. I'd relocate the room temp sensor to a spot about 5' up from the floor and at least a few feet away from the stove itself.

Is there any way a new draft of cooler air is hitting that probe?

Also, I believe we are all assuming that it is burning in room temp mode and not Stove (maintenance) mode. Please confirm that is the case.

Is the stove shutting off when it hits the 75, or is it staying on and just going to a low burn? If it goes to a low burn then either the room probe connection isn't tight or the probe itself is bad. If it is shutting off at 75*, I've got no idea why it would do that. One should think that the inside probe should be fine if you've only had it a couple months - but it never hurts to try cleaning it to rule it out.

The stove doesn't shut down not even going into low mode, just keeps burning hot. set at 65 and room is now at 75... Still burning strong.

I'm think a bad board.

Check to make sure the toggle didn't get flipped to manual - it will never shut down if it is in that mode.

Also check that the connections to the room probe are tight.

If those are good, then perhaps a bad board, or a bad room temp probe. Either way, I would get ahold of the dealer since the stove is under warrantee.