Harman p38+ is not working properly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BURN2BURN

Hearth Supporter
Sep 21, 2008
Manotick, Ontario, Canada
I have a 10 year old Harman Stove that has worked almost flawlessly the last 10 years (replaced blower last year only).
The stove is used at our cottage on weekends and the last few weekends when we turn it down, it would sometimes turn off or stop burning. Yesterday it started to blacken the glass so I took it apart and gave it a total cleaning, including the exhaust. It started back up and seemed like it was burning perfectly, I let it burn for 30 minutes and then left for a couple of hours, when I returned the glass was black again and I could smell smoke. Everything is hooked up properly. It seems like somehow it's not breathing properly. Has anyone ran into this before?

There is some kind of blockage in the stove anywhere
from the combustion air intake to the top of the chimney
Not enough combustion air Check it again from intake to exhaust
maybe something like a mouse nest in the OAK if it has one

Reactions: Ssyko
There is some kind of blockage in the stove anywhere
from the combustion air intake to the top of the chimney
Not enough combustion air Check it again from intake to exhaust
maybe something like a mouse nest in the OAK if it has one
Check the above first, air in -exhaust path out, fines box clean, Exhaust Sensor Probe (ESP) cleaned or replaced, inner burn pot cleaned using the front access door with 2 wing nuts, Old 2 knob control board or 3 knob board ?

Draft fan getting tired maybe?

Reactions: gfreek