Harman Magnum Stoker Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brandon443

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
Good afternoon. I am new to this forum looking for some help. I installed a gently used Hartman magnum stoke last fall, worked great, no issues what so ever. Went to fire it up a couple weeks ago and did with nonissue again. However after about two and a half days (lot on Saturday morning, noticed problem Monday afternoon), we had CO detectors going off. Not knowing if it was a fluke or not, we had fire department come down and check the house, determined it was high levels coming from stoker. When I opened it up I’m pretty sure I found out exactly what was causing the issue. Attached is a picture of what I found. I’ve also attached a picture of the stove running with I burned coal (didn’t know if it would give ideas). It appears for whatever reason that the ash is not falling off the grate and just keeps backing and piling up (all blowers appear to be working correctly). Very confused as to why this is happening after no issues at all last year. I turned it off in April and haven’t touched it for anything else except to clean the chimney out and give it a good vacuum. Any ideas/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve not been able to find an issue like this on any google search/forums. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Harman Magnum Stoker Problem
    E2E826F2-5877-4CAE-A5F7-6856191FEE38.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Harman Magnum Stoker Problem
    A90E2729-8B87-45ED-8530-D6094DE0AE23.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 101