Harman feeds pellets when off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jrmagee

Nov 11, 2018
California
Yep, twice it's happened. Accentra 2. Stove's been off for a few days. Now you see pellets in the burn pot as well as down into the ash can!
Can't figure this one. Thanks for help.

I've had that happen. The cause was a faulty potentiometer, aka pot, for the on/off/fan speed control knob. If you're handy with a soldering iron it only cost a few dollars to replace it. You could just live with it and remember to unplug the stove when not needed.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am relieved to know the motherboard is OK.
I guess I would have to remove the circuit board to replace the potentiometer? Not so handy with soldering but can learn.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am relieved to know the motherboard is OK.
I guess I would have to remove the circuit board to replace the potentiometer? Not so handy with soldering but can learn.
Before you do that,buy a can of electronics cleaner spray,pull the 3 knobs off,spray down the shafts,while rotating the shafts.Just cleaning them this way might put problem off for quite a while,as they collect dirt.Also,if your control board is original,you might want to consider getting the newest board,the burn characteristics(programming) seem to me to be much better.Then,you can have your old board repaired,for a spare.

Reactions: Ssyko