Harman 52i TC Firmware update failed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rewog

Oct 12, 2023
PA
Hi I recently attempted to update my Harman 52i TC while processing the update it showed that the Controller Firmware Write FAILED. It completed the updated but now on the top of the screen it shows "connection failure control <===> display". I can navigate the screens but it no longer controls the stove. I have searched the web the past few hours and not finding any resolution. I contacted my dealer but they don't have an appointment available until December. I followed the manual and Unplugged the unit and plugged back in, but got not change.

Anyone have any tips on what I could do?

Thank you from this new member.

23555D58-945F-4D5A-827A-21A23321362A_4_5005_c.jpeg

Last edited:
how Long did you leave the stove unplugged? Maybe leave it unplugged for five or more minutes. if that doesn’t work you will need to wait for an expert on that stove.

how Long did you leave the stove unplugged? Maybe leave it unplugged for five or more minutes. if that doesn’t work you will need to wait for an expert on that stove.
Thanks for the fast response. I unplugged it multiple times since, and even tried to redo the firmware update. I waited up to 30 minutes and plugged it back in without any luck.

Hi I recently attempted to update my Harman 52i TC while processing the update it showed that the Controller Firmware Write FAILED. It completed the updated but now on the top of the screen it shows "connection failure control <===> display". I can navigate the screens but it no longer controls the stove. I have searched the web the past few hours and not finding any resolution. I contacted my dealer but they don't have an appointment available until December. I followed the manual and Unplugged the unit and plugged back in, but got not change.

Anyone have any tips on what I could do?

Thank you from this new member.

View attachment 316666
I’m having the same issue. Did you get this resolved? If so, how?

I’m having the same issue. Did you get this resolved? If so, how?
Hey I have not had mine fixed yet, my dealer didn’t have any appointments available till December 5th. But I posted the same question on a Harman Facebook group, and one of the commenters mentioned, that it may be the ethernet cord running from the control board to the screen got crimped and needs to be replaced. Im not the most technically inclined and mine should still be under warranty so didn't want to mess anything up. If you attempt the fix let me know if that fixes the error for You. I hope that helps

Reactions: ShowMeStoves